Applications for Seedbed 2023 are closed
From April to July 2023 we will be joined by artists and dance teachers with a range of different lived experiences as well as inclusive dance expertise.
This is chance to connect with other like-minded artists and facilitators and begin evolving a more inclusive way of teaching young dance enthusiasts.
Book on for as many sessions as you want, or attend all twelve collectively, which will give teachers the opportunity to access our inclusive dance teaching syllabus for young people, IRIS, for free.
'I loved Seedbed and found it a really valuable course. I have really been inspired to start my own inclusive dance group of some kind following this course!'
'A very thorough course and very inspiring'
'I would recommend this course to anyone needing a comprehensive introduction to teaching Inclusive Dance sessions'
About the course
- Inclusive Approach 1 – Inclusive Ethos & Barriers | with Laura Jones
- Dancing for and with Visually Impaired Young People | with Holly Thomas & Freya Spencer
- Learning Differently | with Cherie Brennan & Hannah Sampson
- Movement Tools and Aids | with Laura Jones & Suzie Birchwood
- Movement Translation | with Laura Jones
- Inclusive Approach 2 – Open language and an introduction to IRIS | with Laura Jones
- Exploring Inclusive Dance Practice from a D/deaf perspective | with Sara Marshall-Rose
- Neurodiversity in Dance | with Lily Norton & Laura Jones
- Sensory Moves | with Nicky Norton
- Inclusive Approach 3 – Finding a Balance | with Laura Jones
- Connecting with “Hard to reach” Young People through Dance | with Hannah Martin-Reilly
- Inclusive Approach 4 – Round-up & Networking | with Laura Jones
If you have any questions about the course, please email Joy Ralph, Creative Learning Manager below.