Vacancy: Touring Access Worker/Production Assistant
Stopgap Dance Company creates inclusive productions with exceptional disabled and non-disabled dancers for national and international touring. Led by Artistic Director Lucy Bennett, the company receives core NPO funding from Arts Council England to devise and tour original dance productions.
The company is currently recruiting for Touring Access Worker/Production Assistant, who is expected to travel with the team on tour providing access support to our physically or learning disabled performers as assigned by the management and to support our technical team with get-ins, get-outs and stage management.
The post is ideal for recent graduates of technical theatre or arts management with an interest in inclusive arts or recent graduates of social work with an interest in the arts.
Relevant training and induction for all of aspects of the work will be provided, so no prior professional experience is necessary.
Stopgap Dance Company is particularly keen to receive applications from people who consider themselves to be in minority groups or be in disadvantaged circumstances. The company will also consider providing financial assistance to travel to the interview in specific circumstances.
The company is expecting to receive applications to take this post on a full-time basis but will welcome part-time or freelance applications should candidates have a portfolio of work already.
To make an application, please send your CV, a covering letter explaining why you would be suited to this role and the monitoring form to: [email protected]
The full application pack is available here.
Salary: Negotiable depending on level of experience
Contract: 1 year fixed Term contract from 2nd January 2018
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member. Empathetic, willing to help and collaborative attitudes are the most important attributes required in this position
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient and generous nature
- Being able to work on own initiative
- Good organisational skills; ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines; ability to stay calm and positive under pressure
- A commitment to implementing Stopgap’s equal opportunities policy and a belief in and ability to communicate Stopgap’s mission and ethos across all company activity