Stopgap Dance Company is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide personal information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Stopgap Dance Company may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/02/2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- your name and your company's name / organisation (if relevant)
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Data analysis to improve our website and related services.
- If you sign up to the mailing list, we will send you monthly promotional emails and newsletters about our productions, workshop opportunities or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided. There will be a reminder that you can unsubscribe from this list at any time, at the bottom of each communication.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. Please let us know if you do not want to be contacted for these purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to allow us to collect and use your personal information in the following ways:
- If you use the contact form on our website, look for the box at the bottom of the page where you can also fill out your contact details to be added to our secure mailing list. If you don't fill this out, we won't add you.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe' on one of our email communications, by writing to us, or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting, if you have told us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the General Manager, Stopgap Dance Company, Farnham Maltings, Bridge Square, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or email us at [email protected] as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or delete your information, if requested to do so.