Seedbed is a teacher training course delivered by Stopgap and guest dance practitioners with a range of different lived experiences and inclusive dance expertise.
Seedbed is a chance to connect with other like-minded artists and facilitators and begin evolving a more inclusive way of teaching dance.
'I loved Seedbed and found it a really valuable course. I have really been inspired to start my own inclusive dance group of some kind following this course!'
'A very thorough course and very inspiring'
'I would recommend this course to anyone needing a comprehensive introduction to teaching Inclusive Dance sessions'
About the course
Example Session Outline
- Inclusive Approach 1: inclusive ethos and barriers with Laura Jones
- Learning Differently with Cherie Brennan
- Exploring Inclusive Dance Practice From a Deaf Perspective with Sara Marshall-Rose
- Dancing For and With Visually Impaired Young People with Holly Thomas & Freya Spencer
- Inclusive Approach 2: open language with Laura Jones
- Sensory Moves: teaching people with profound and multiple learning disabilities with Nicky Norton
- Connecting With ‘Hard to Reach’ Young People Through Dance with Hannah Martin Reilly
- Neurodiversity in Dance with Laura Jones and Lily Norton
- Inclusive Approach 3: finding a balance with Laura Jones
- Bilingual Dance Languages: movement translation with Laura Jones
- Bilingual Dance Languages: movement tools and aids with Laura Jones and Guest
- Inclusive Approach 4: roundup, introduction to IRIS & networking with Laura Jones
If you have any questions about Seedbed please contact Lauren Trim, Creative Learning Manager.
Want to stay informed?
Please sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date with our activities and to hear about any future runs of the Seedbed course.